APARTMENT BUILDING MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Apartment buildings and complexes are comprised of many housing units using the same space, mechanical system and facility system in a closed structure with entrances, parking lots, shared playgrounds, community rooms, elevators, landscapes, halls, lighting systems, electrical system and many more.
In addition to the privately owned properties, there should be a common area/system for all tenants. Therefore, having a third-party business with experience and expertise in managing and operating the apartment building is necessary to ensure safe, continuous and smooth operations of the apartment building.
Duties of Apartment Managers:
• Responsible for managing and supervising the running of the building
• Act as intermediaries in promoting and monitoring tenant compliance with the rules and regulations of the apartment, with the consent of the majority of the tenants.
Our top priority in managing apartment buildings is to offer a long-term stable, safe, modern and equal living environment for residents. Actual conditions of the buildings and specific requirements from the owners will set different management criteria. However, the indispensable, fundamental roles and responsibilities of apartment managers are as follow:
• Manage, monitor and maintain the mechanical system and facility system (if any)
• Ensure the safety, order and security in general for the building
• Ensure a clean and hygienic space, repel insects and dispose household waste
• Take immediate actions in case of emergency; support and take care of customers
• Monitor the compliance with published rules and regulations
• Mange financial activities (service revenues and expenses)
• Manage, monitor, maintain and renovate shared facilities
• Monitor the use of utility services in the building
• Assist in activities concerning the building/project for the owners and board of directors
Rules and Regulations
Apartments/Residential areas are comprised of public and privately owned properties of different individuals and groups, so there needs to be a consistent and strict set of rules and regulations for all to ensure sustainable quality of life and living standards for both residents and visitors.
• General rules
• Parking space rules
• Community room rules
• Fire safety and Emergency rules
• Household waste regulations
• Interior decoration regulations
• Pet regulations
• Moving in/out regulations
Apartment Management Board
Living at modern apartment buildings/complexes in big cities in Vietnam has just come into being in the last decade and there have just been several different small-scale management models that the government tried to intervene with guidelines such as circulars and decrees. However, those interventions were still with shortcomings and needed gradually revising since the matter was relatively new.
The actual use and management of buildings require a model that is consistent and efficient to put into practice as well as insusceptible to potential complaints and petitions in the long run.
With experience of managing buildings over time, Ministry of Construction has issued the Circular No. 02/2016/TT-BXD: Regulation on the Management and Use of Condominiums (validated since April 2016).
Establishment and Activities of Apartment Management Board
Over the years, SPS has successfully held many conferences to elect a management board that represents the residents and taken steps to ensure that the management board is legally recognized and fully operational in Hanoi.
Our experience has shown that, an active, functional management board needs to acquire the following values:
• Small scale (depending on the size/complexity of the building, there should only be 3-5 members of the board)
• Transparency of rights and responsibilities among members; the board should share the understanding, commitment enthusiasm and time for the job
• Close cooperation and communication between the management board and the board of directors